What does au pair mean?
"Au pair" is an originally french expression and means a mutual relation between a young woman or man and a hostfamily: As an au pair, you help your hostfamily 30 hours per week to look after their children and to do light housework. As counterpart, you will be integrated into family life and you will receive free board, lodging and some pocket-money.
As an au pair in Germany, you will:
• improve your knowledge of the german language
• experience a foreign country
• prepare yourself for further education and your professional future
• learn to know Germany and the German way of life
• shapen your personality and become independent
• make contacts and find new friends